Hayden and I flew to Lubbock on Friday for Garrett's graduation. He had fun on his first plane ride and did really well. Fortunately, I ran into a girl I went to college with in the airport and she was very helpful! I tried to get a "cute" sling to put him in so I didn't have to take the stroller because I had the suitcase, the carseat, the diaper bag and him all by myself. Well, I had to throw the cute factor out the window and just go for functional and I'm glad I did. I strapped him on and it was so much easier to get through the airport and he liked being so close to me.
Hayden looking out the window of the plane
I took him to the doctor in Lubbock on Friday because he had a cough and I thought I might as well get it checked out while we were there. They said it was just allergies so we went on our way.
Then we headed to a reception for Garrett and to graduation. John McCain spoke at his graduation and gave a very good speech. It was really neat to see him speak! He talked about things that happened to him while he was a prisoner of war and regardless of your political views, you have to respect him for what he did for his country.
Garrett's thesis model...very cool!
John McCain
Saturday night was Garrett's graduation party in San Angelo. I will have to post pics later.
Hayden wasn't getting any better on Saturday and by Saturday night, he really wasn't feeling well and he started wheezing so we took him to the ER at Shannon. They saw him right away and he had to have a breathing treatment, chest x-ray, prednisone and an antibiotic shot. He was diagnosed with bronchitis and the doctor said he also thought he had a little bit of pneumonia. He most likely has asthma, but they don't usually officially make that diagnosis until they're two. My mom offered to keep him because I hate asking off of work when I just started a new job, but I just couldn't leave my sick baby so she drove us back to Austin Sunday night. He wasn't any better so I took him to the pediatrician yesterday and he tested positive for RSV. My sweet baby boy is very sick. He has allergies and the move to the land of cedar is wreaking havoc on his little body. Then on top of that, the RSV led to the bronchitis and pneumonia.
AND, as if all of that isn't enough, his first tooth broke through on Sunday and the one right beside it is about to...looks like he will be getting his two front teeth for Christmas! I'm sure that isn't helping the situation. He is still sleeping through the night even through all of that. He is such a trooper. He has been really good even though he is so sick. I couldn't have asked for a better baby. I wish he wasn't sick so much, but his last pediatrician told me that some babies just get sick more than others regardless if you breastfeed or not, which I did in hopes that he wouldn't be.
I am hoping and praying that this too shall pass...


No comments:
Post a Comment