Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Little Big Boy

Well, I have been having more of those bittersweet moments I've talked about before. Hayden is quickly approaching his first birthday and while I am having oh so much fun watching him grow and learn new things everyday, he is not going to be my baby forever.

I had a small breakdown when I was unpacking and setting up his room the other day. I found pictures from when I was pregnant, ultrasound pictures and pictures from when he was born. I went through his clothes and yet again had to put more things in the "Baby #2" stack. He has never fit in things for very long. If our next baby is a girl, I hope she likes blue because we have a garage full of boy stuff. I think Garrett thought I was crazy when he came in there and I was crying and I asked him if he thought I was a good mom. I just want him to know how loved he is and I don't want to miss anything. I already feel like I miss so much while I'm at work.

He is almost completely off of the bottle and baby food. I slowly started the transition of getting him off the bottle not knowing how well it would go, but its not as bad as I thought it would be so it has been a much quicker process than expected. I say this and now he might relapse, but so far so good! He hasn't had whole milk yet. Hopefully, he will like it in a month!

He goes to sleep on his own. I give him his breathing treatment, read to him and then he goes to sleep when I put him in his crib. He likes his new room!

He loves to eat and he's really not picky about what it is. He just likes to eat and I knew no more baby food would not be a problem! I'm just using up what we already had. He eats all kinds of stuff now.

I'll save the rest for another day...off to bed! I just wanted to say that I love that little boy and I can't believe he's almost one year old!

1 comment:

  1. I have those mom breakdowns ALL the time:) They just grow up so fast! Hayden sure is a cutie!

    And by the way, I'm sure you're a wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS