The big man is 14 months old today! I think I missed 13...oops.
In honor of the big day, here's 14 fun things about H:
1. He is about 31 inches tall and I'm not sure how much he weighs.
2. He has eight teeth.
3. He tries to run...usually from me. I love the way he sticks his belly out and swings his arms when he walks. He is constantly in motion.
4. He goes to bed around 8 and wakes up between 7 and 8 usually after his morning blowout. :) He takes a two hour nap from about 12 - 2 at school and usually naps longer on the weekends.
5. His laugh absolutely lights up a room.
6. He says mama, daddy, dada, uh-oh (this is his favorite), no, done, dog, duck, ball and I think that is all we can make out right now.
7. He recognizes words and responds. For instance, he will go get his ball when we ask where it is or he will go to the door when we say "let's go for a walk". He knows the meaning of the word "no", but I can't say he always responds to that one unfortunately.
8. He climbs on top of things, loves to go up and down stairs or ramps, has learned to open doors with the door handle, pushes toys and boxes all over the place and terrorizes anything in his path. He can demolish the entire house in about 60 seconds.
9. As of this morning, he can take his diaper off. Garrett found him in his crib this morning with his poop filled diaper completely off. I guess he thought it was time for a new one!
10. He is sweet as pie when his belly is full and he's not tired. Otherwise, you better watch out! We have seen his temper show through on several occasions. If he doesn't like something we feed him, it most definitely ends up in the floor.
11. His health is a day by day thing, but things seem to be getting better (fingers crossed). He gets frustrated because his ears hurt and I think his balance is off from the fluid which makes him fall a lot. He just gets up and keeps on going though. I'm telling you, it is amazing how tough kids are. Most of the time, you'd never even know he's sick.
12. He wears 18-24 months clothes, size 4 diapers and size 5 shoes. He gets the big feet from his daddy.
13. He hates having his diaper changed, always has. He also gets very upset when you take something away from him and a stomping fit usually proceeds. I see a lot of patience and positive discipline techniques in our future.
14. His motto is "play hard or go home". He lives it out everyday, but we wouldn't have it any other way.
This reminds me that I haven't written in his baby book in a while. I'm so glad I have this blog! These are definitely things I don't want to forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment