Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Healthy Baby, Happy Mom

Hayden's well check went well...no pun intended.

Here are his stats at 16 1/2 months:
- 26 lbs. 13 oz. (75%)
- 33 in. tall (90%)
- head circumference 48 cm. (75%)

I must also throw in the fact that he needs a size S-I-X shoe! The size 5 shoes he has are too small. Crazy!

Since his one year well check he has gained three pounds and grown two inches. She was very pleased with his growth and development. He is doing everything he should be doing for his age. He still has both tubes and his ears looked great. Every now and then they will drain and we just treat it by cleaning them out with peroxide and using drops and it is better in a couple of days. He will continue to take allergy medicine to keep things under control until he hopefully grows out of it. I am praying that this winter will go much better than last winter! He has been doing so much better and when he does get sick he recovers quicker.

He still eats a lot, but he goes through phases where he absolutely won't eat what we give him which is normal for this age. He still doesn't like vegetables and I'm going to have to keep trying to sneak them into something he will eat. Breakfast is his big meal of the day. That is when he eats the most. He LOVES fruit so at least we have that one down!

He says 25+ words, but not always on command of course. He has a mind of his own.

His molars are coming in and they're driving him crazy. I'm not sure how many because he won't let me get close enough to touch.

He had to get three shots today, but he only cried for a second. She told us their office will have the swine flu vaccine in November, but they're still not sure if it is safe for babies. If they're "still not sure" then I don't want him to have it. What are you moms with babies going to do?

Overall, he is healthy other than the stinking allergies, but we have learned how to deal with that. And a healthy baby makes a happy mama!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what to do about the swine flu vaccine either??!! Right now, I'm leaning towards NOT getting it for Addi....Definitely a difficult decision! Let me know what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im opting on NOT getting one for Maddie. I just dont think its worth the risk if it is not full proof....Why give them a shot that may not work, or make things worse. But thats just me, and I have never got a flu shot either even though Maddie got one last week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS