I had my first visit to the cardiologist yesterday. I have been having weird symptoms such as heart palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness and chest tightness.
I called my OB on Monday and they were concerned because I was having multiple symptoms. The increased blood volume during pregnancy can cause your heart to race, but I can't hardly walk from one end of the house to the other without being short of breath and that shouldn't be the case.
My EKG was normal, but sometimes it takes several readings to catch anything. Dr. T wants me to come back for an echocardiogram and wear a holter monitor for 24 hours. He said that at 16 weeks pregnant and 26 years old, I shouldn't be having all of these symptoms.
So, for now I'm just supposed to take it easy and we'll wait and see what we find out when we go back in a couple of weeks.
We don't have any plans for the weekend so we're going to rest up for the wedding festivities next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Girl---this pregnancy is crazy!! God's got His plan for it too though and I'm postive it'll all be ok! Keep your chin up!
ReplyDelete