Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hayden had his 19 month well check today. (We somehow got a month behind.)

Other than the persistent allergies, Dr. P said he is doing GREAT! We are going to allergy test him again in the spring. I'm not looking forward to the winter because those are the toughest months, but I'm hoping that if we can make it through this one, maybe it will get better from here.

She switched him to Allegra and hopefully that will help. I really hate giving him medicine all the time and sometimes between the allergy and asthma medications it is a lot. I much prefer to take a more natural approach, but at the same time I don't want to risk it so I try to find a balance I am comfortable with.

The good news is that he hasn't had an ear infection since April! Maybe we are out of the woods there. He had several chiropractic ear adjustments in April, May and June and he hasn't had one since.

19 month Stats:
Height: 34 inches (90%)
Weight: 29 lbs. 1 oz. (75-90%)
Head circumference: 49 cm (75-90%)

Since his last well check, he has gained about two pounds, grown an inch and his head circumference has grown an inch. He's definitely a growing boy! He wears 24 months to 2T and a size 6 shoe.

He can use utensils to eat, but prefers to use his hands. Sometimes he will pick the food up and put it on the fork and then put it in his mouth. Silly little man.

He is going through the normal toddler phase of being finicky about when and what he wants to eat. She told me not to worry about it because he is obviously growing and to just keep offering him things.

His vocabulary continues to grow.  My new favorite word he says is "tuh-tle" also known as "turtle." He has a new fascination with airplanes ("eh-pane") and loves to watch them and point at them in the sky.

I can't believe he will be two years old in less than six months!

We love you little H and are so blessed to be your parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS