Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Pioneer Woman

I found out that The Pioneer Woman was doing a book signing at a book store just a few blocks from my office last week. I have never gone to a book signing and I'm typically not a fanatic, but I thought it would be fun!

She was scheduled to speak at 7 p.m. so I went to Book People at about 4:30 and there was already tons of people there. I bought my cookbooks and got my wristband. They told me I was in the second signing group after she spoke and it would probably be at least 8:00 before the second group was called. I wasn't thrilled about this, but I browsed through the bookstore and enjoyed a nice macchiatto.

Around 5:30 they announced that those people with an orange wristband with 6 p.m. written on it would actually be able to get their book signed before 7. Bummer for me, so I thought! This sweet lady found me through a huge crowd of people and told me that I looked like I was ready to go home (aka as pregnant, fat and feet swelling by the minute) and said she had a wristband she would give me! Bless her! So I was able to meet Ree and get my book signed early!

She had her husband, Marlboro Man as she calls him, and all of her kids with her. They were all so polite and just like you would imagine.

She did a Q&A session and it was really neat to hear her responses. She really seems like such a great person! Sometimes when you meet people in person you are disappointed, but that was definitely not the case.

I couldn't feel my feet after standing for three hours in my cute brown boots, but it was worth it!

I took quite a few pictures, but I haven't been able to find the time to get them off the camera. Sorry :( I will add them soon!

Pictures as promised! Most of them didn't turn out very well because I was using my crappy backup camera. Ugh! I'm REALLY hoping Santa brings me a new one!!! I took a picture with her, but I look horrendous and I refuse to post it on here for you all to see.



 

 
 Marlboro Man signing autographs

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! I would have so been at that signing if I could! I'm hoping I'll get a pioneer woman cookbook for christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS