Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Let me rewind back to Friday.

I came home from work and noticed I was having contractions which isn't unusual because I've been having them for weeks. This was different though and after a couple of hours I decided I should start timing them. Well, they started at about eight minutes apart and then were coming every four to six minutes. I took a bath, laid on my left side, drank some water...all the things they tell you to do to see if they will stop and they didn't. So, finally after five hours of this I called the after hours number and the nurse told me to go ahead and come in to get checked out.

It takes us 30 minutes to get to the hospital without traffic so we loaded up and arrived at the hospital at about 11 p.m. We were there for almost four hours. They weren't sure for a while if I was in active labor. Long story short, the doctor finally came in and told me that I am in prodromal labor which is basically prolonged early labor. Prodromal labor can feel very much like active labor yet it is not consistently progressive. The bad news is that it can last for days. The good news is that once you do go into active labor, it usually goes more quickly because your body has already done the preliminary work.

The stress of the last couple of weeks could have triggered all of this. We found out Hayden was having surgery, I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to about my job and a lady also ran into me on Friday on my way to work. I am fine and she just broke my mirror, but it still shook me up. 

When I left early Saturday morning, I was dilated to a three and about 60 percent effaced. I am still having contractions and cramping, but for now we wait.

I am exhausted, but I know God's timing is perfect. We made it through Hayden's surgery yesterday and I have been able to take care of him. I started maternity leave yesterday and can take care of him while we wait.

Now, we are ready for baby boy to get here whenever that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS