Hudson is two weeks old today! We don't have his two week check-up until Wednesday so I don't have any stats to report yet. It is amazing how quickly they change and I am interested to see how much he has grown.
I think my precious bundle of joy might have his days and nights confused. :( He sleeps a lot in the afternoons and that is when he goes the longest between feedings. I tried to keep him awake more yesterday and last night was a little better. He still eats every 2-3 hours. The "sleep when the baby sleeps" trick doesn't apply when there's another child that is awake and wild as ever, but I have adjusted pretty well.
I can't wait for his umbilical cord to fall off so I can give him a real bath. He may not be as excited as me though because he hates his sponge baths.
He is more alert now and I love to watch him just look around while he listens to us talk. He likes it when Hayden holds his hand too. Hayden still kisses him in the same spot on the top of his head. It is really sweet! He hasn't tried to tackle him yet and he says "baby" over and over. When Hudson is sleeping, he goes and checks on him and makes sure I am doing the same! He is such a good big brother!
We spent the weekend potty training Hayden. I was not really ready for this task, but he started showing a lot of interest so we're following his lead. I followed the advice of many and let him run around naked or in just underwear and we only left the house a couple of times. At first, we watched him closely and when we would see that he was about to go, we would rush him to the potty. Now, he usually tells us or goes by himself. I put a potty chair in the living room so that if he was playing he could easily get to it because sometimes they don't want to stop what they're doing to go to the bathroom. We also take him every so often if he hasn't already gone.
For naptime, I put a pull-up on over his underwear and he hasn't been wet when he wakes up. We put a pull-up on one other time and he peed in it. I think the pull-up confuses him because it feels like a diaper, but if I leave his underwear on underneath he stays dry. At bedtime, we are using pull-ups for now. We have him go right before he goes to sleep and as soon as he wakes up.
We went to Chili's with my aunt on Saturday and he went in the potty at Chili's and yesterday at church he made it the whole time with no accidents! I think he is definitely on the right track. He has had just a few accidents. He's pretty much gotten the peeing in the potty down and we're working on number two. He hasn't worn a diaper since Friday morning and I really hope that I don't have to buy anymore!
He continues to talk more and make a little more sense. Most recently, his favorite things to say are "ah (oh) man", "this" (when you ask him what he wants), "I got it" and "I did it".
And I saved the best news for last! I am officially a work-at-HOME mom! I have worried about my working/financial situation for months, but it looks like everything is going to work out. Beginning April 6, I will be working from the comfort of my home and better yet in the presence of both of my children! I will still be doing most of the same work I was doing before. I am so very thankful that I have this opportunity and it is truly an answer to prayer! We met with a nanny yesterday that is going to help me out 2-3 days a week because it would be impossible for me to accomplish anything with my favorite little assistant. :) She is very artistic and plays the guitar and I really think Hayden will enjoy that.
That's all I have time for now. I am being paged. Hayden is currently standing on his train table and Hudson is ready to eat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)



I am so happy for you! I knew it would all work out for you. The baby is adorable, I woudl eat him up every minute....I am sure you do. Miss seeing you.
ReplyDelete