Hudson, you are three months old today. You have officially transitioned from a newborn to an infant. Sigh.
The good news is that you're realizing there's more to life than eating, sleeping and pooping as you are doing less of those things and interacting with us more.
Here's what a day in the life of Hudson looks like:
- you wake up around 8 (after having already been up once or twice during the night) and I feed you, change you and play with you for a little while
- you usually hang out in your swing after that and settle in for a long morning nap. You take this nap any number of places including the swing, the nap nanny, your crib and sometimes on a blanket in the floor. It just depends, but I've been putting you in your crib more often. This is when I try to get some work done. You wake up around lunchtime and we do the feeding, changing, playing routine.
- then you rotate "stations" such as the playmat
the bumbo
the nap nanny or bouncer (which is not working currently)
and the tummytime mat
Oh, and you like to play with your hands and chew on your fingers during all of that
- you take an afternoon nap and then we repeat feeding, changing and playing again rotating "stations"
- Hayden usually takes his nap around the same time in the afternoon which is helpful for me to get my work done.
- Hayden usually takes his nap around the same time in the afternoon which is helpful for me to get my work done.
- you usually snooze for a little while in the early evening, but then I try to keep you awake until bathtime
- one of your favorite parts of the day - bathtime! I give you a bath around 9.
- I feed you, sing to you and snuggle with you before putting you in your bed and this is what you look like within a matter of minutes. You go to sleep really well on your own.
What else you're up to:
- my favorite thing...smiling. I just can't get enough. I usually hear you talking away on the monitor in the mornings and when I go in your room to get you, I am welcomed by the sweetest little smile.
- you wear 6-9 month and some 9-12 month clothes. You also have to wear some 12 month pajamas. You are growing WAY too fast.
- currently in a size 2 diaper, but they're getting pretty snug.
- reach and grab toys
- coo and "talk" and have almost laughed out loud. You REALLY want to.
- play with your hands
- will sort of take a pacifier sometimes after I have begged at times...for instance, when I'm on the phone with a board member and you're testing your lung capacity. :) It's still not your favorite thing though.
- have many facial expressions that each make me laugh and show a glimpse into your little personality
- sit well in the bumbo and other supported positions
- like to stand and bear weight on your legs
- hot natured like your daddy and your brother
- you were almost sleeping through the night, but then started waking up around 3:30 a.m. You are a hungry boy and I think when we start cereal you will sleep through the night.
-blow spit bubbles
- LOVE your mama and don't usually let me get very far away which is fine by me.
It has been the most exhausting, yet exhilarating, three months of my life.
I love you little H.
It has been the most exhausting, yet exhilarating, three months of my life.
I love you little H.











No comments:
Post a Comment