We went to this San Angelo this weekend and partied until we dropped.
But first, let me tell you about the trip home. The boys and I started the weekend a little early. Connie was in town and we caught a ride home with her. It was definitely an adventure to say the least. We had every inch of her suburban loaded with crap for the trip. Its amazing how much stuff we require for a few days away from home. We made sure we had the snacks, the movies, the blankets and all the necessities. We left my house around 4:45 and had to stop right outside of town to get Hayden some Tylenol or Motrin because he kept telling me his mouth and his head hurt and out of everything in my medicine bag (yes, we have to bring a special bag just for that) I didn't have anything to give him.
Well, of course the convenience store doesn't have any because it has all been recalled and they don't have an off brand. So, we continue on our trek until we realize that we are about to drive straight into the HUGE storm that swept across Central Texas Wednesday night. Check the weather much? Apparently not.
We pulled over and waited it out for about 30 minutes and we were on the road again.
We made it to Llano and I stopped at the tiny little grocery store there to buy some pain medication for Hayden. They had a generic store brand and I gave it to him as we were driving to Sonic to get something to eat. Hudson has an explosive diaper in the meantime. Then, as we are pulling into Sonic, Hayden throws up everywhere. I'm not sure if the medicine made him sick or if he was car sick or what. I get him out of the car in the pouring rain to take him to the bathroom and clean him up and the door is locked of course. We get someone to come unlock the door and I change his clothes while Connie cleans up the mess in the car. We don't even order food because Hudson also has poop everywhere. We drove back to Town and Country because I knew they had a changing table. I get Hudson all clean and changed and we head back to Sonic so we can get something to eat. We ordered Hayden a grilled cheese with no cheese, also known as toast, because I didn't want to upset his stomach.
It was 8:00 by the time we left Llano. Did I mention that we left my house at 4:45 and this is typically a one hour drive? We actually made it to Eden before we had to stop again for Hayden to potty and we pulled into my parents' house around 10:30.
Long gone are the days when I could just pack a bag, get in the car, roll the windows down, turn the radio up and be on my way.
Now, road trips are filled with poop, puke, crumbs and Veggie Tales. But I wouldn't have it any other way. :)
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I wouldn't trade Addi for anything in the world, but being able to just hop in the car and go is one of the things I miss most about my "before kids" life! Glad you survived the trip:)
ReplyDelete