Saturday, October 9, 2010
Seven Months Old
Little man, you are seven months old! You are becoming quite the little busy bee and developing the sweetest personality.
Growth:
I'm not sure how much you weigh, but I have no doubt you have broken 20 pounds. You wear 9-12 or 12 month and some 18 month clothes. You are still in a size 3 disposable diaper and size medium cloth diapers. I think you've only worn shoes once so I don't know what size your feet are. If you were hoping for small feet, you got the wrong genes buddy.
Sleep:
You decided you wanted to start going to bed at 8 so I followed your cue. You sleep until around 6 usually. Nap times are a little less predictable. You still take two naps a day, but your morning nap is getting shorter. Don't get any ideas about kicking the morning nap just yet.
On the menu:
The all you can eat buffet, also known as Mommy, is still open. You nurse about every 3-4 hours during the day.
So far, you have eaten everything I've given you other than balking at bananas at first. Waiting until six months to start you on solids seemed to make it go much smoother than I remember. You knew exactly what to do and haven't slowed down. I plan to continue making most of your food and Dr. P said we can start giving you small bites of things because you have SIX teeth already.
You've had:
- avocado, banana, sweet potato, pears, apples, prunes, green beans, carrots, squash, rice cereal, multi-grain oatmeal
I gave you bites of a cracker the other day and you thought it was the best thing ever and followed me around for more.
What's happenin?
- You have six teeth. Four on top and two on bottom. Did I mention that already?
- You like to bite anything you can get a hold of with those pearly whites...toys, my arm, my nose, ANYTHING.
- You pull up on everything and have even started cruising a little.
- You love to hold on to our fingers and walk around.
- You crawl from one end of the house to the other. Literally. You like to explore and see what you can find. You can crawl on all fours, but still army crawl most of the time. I think the hardwood floors are rough on your knees. You crawl and then sit up, crawl, sit up. Over and over. You also do a bear walk/crawl with your arms and your legs straight. I haven't quite figured that one out yet.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Love to play with your brother in the playroom.
- Make sweet baby noises and have started saying na-na, mama, dada though you are not associating those words with anyone yet. You have squealed with delight for a long time, but now you do it even more in response to things around you. You try to mimic noises we make.
- Rake everything with your fingers and working on the pincer grasp. Everything goes straight to your mouth.
- You clap in a very uncoordinated fashion, but you are definitely trying to clap and it is precious.
Favorite things:
- HAYDEN. You giggle at him all time time and watch his every move.
- remotes, door stoppers, cell phones and you will attack these things like nobody's business.
- Bath time, especially now since you get to take a bath like a big boy with Hayden.
- snuggling with me :) I have broken my own rules more than once and snuck you in the bed with me.
- Eating
- Listening to me sing horribly to silly songs, patty-cake and peek-a-boo
Not so favorite things:
- diaper changes
- You hated the other car seat. You seem to be happier now that we moved you to the bigger one.
- You get a tad bit upset if I get out of your view and will try with all your might to get to me once you see me.
- You are really only fussy when you're tired and then fussy might be an understatement.
I am very thankful that you have been a healthy, happy baby boy. I look back at Hayden and think about all he had to go through and still has to go through and while it breaks my heart for him, I am glad that you have not had any health issues yet.
There's so much more I could say about you, but there can never be enough words to describe the love we have for you and Hayden and the joy you both bring to our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment