Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 8 - An Apple a Day

I thought I would just go ahead and post these photos on my personal blog too and actually have some action on this lonely blog of mine.

This morning, the boys and I made homemade applesauce. Hayden has been asking me if we could make it after they made some at school the other day and since one of our goals this year is to eat less processed food, I decided making our own applesauce would be a good idea. You know what they say, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Not sure if that is true, but we are hoping to avoid any more illness for a while so it couldn’t hurt.

I’ve made it before, but we tried adding a little cinnamon and vanilla today instead of sugar. They had fun helping me put everything together, but then they wanted to eat it right away. It became less interesting when I told them it had to cook for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS