I always try to do the right thing. I really do. Hudson is the middle child and he is three. Enough said. He has watched Hayden play t-ball and football and sat patiently (or not so patiently at times) on the sidelines so in an effort to help him feel included, I signed him up for soccer. That is the only sport he is old enough to participate in right now.
He was excited about the jersey and the cleats and being part of a team. I thought this would be a great thing for him. Yeah. No.
The photos from this first game would be the last time that he actually really participated. I'm not sure what happened or where the breakdown occurred, but part of it might have to do with a boy on the other team who should have been playing in the 8+ division and my sweet boy might perhaps be a little competitive and decided that if said boy was going to always take the ball and score that he just wasn't going to play. He acts just like a certain other hot tempered, left handed, stubborn boy I know...cough...CODY!!
My mom was here for the first game and he didn't want Garrett or I to help him, only her. So in all of her Granna glory, she ran up and down the field with him. She scored major grandma points for this. She would have scored even more had she come back for all the other games and convinced him to participate.
Mama tried.
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment