Fourteen years ago today Garrett lost his mother to ALS. I do not even begin to know how it must feel to lose your mother, but I know it is something you never forget. He was 12 years old and two days later she was buried on his 13th birthday. How could you ever forget?
I know that she would be so proud of Garrett and the man he has become. He has had to go through all of life's major moments without her...three graduations, our wedding, the birth of our first child to name a few...and my heart breaks for him every single time. I never met her, but I know she must have taught him well. I find myself staring when we see Garrett's aunts, her sisters, as I try to see a glimpse of her through them. I have a lot to thank her for someday.
I wish our children could have known her. I wish she could get sweet kisses from Hayden and laugh at all of his silliness. I wish she could experience the joy of her six children and 14 grandchildren. But these are selfish wishes for she knows no sadness or suffering in Heaven. It is worth the wait until that day comes.
I am thankful for the time I have been given with the people in my life and I hope to always make the most of it.
I thank my God upon every remembrance of you. Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:3-6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What a sweet post. I can't imagine life without my mom; she's such a huge blessing in my life.
ReplyDelete