Today has been one of those days where you feel like everything you touch is doomed for failure. I have been peed on, pooped on, puked on and snotted on all in a matter of hours.
Hayden has had a runny nose and a cough for a little over a week now. His ears are also bothering him. Let's not even talk about the fact that he just had major surgery to alleviate these symptoms. I am afraid that poor child is not ever going to catch a break. I have tried everything I know to do from modern medicine to alternative medicine to altering his diet. I do think he feels better overall after the surgery because he doesn't have the sinus pressure and headaches, but how much snot can one child produce?! I mean seriously. At least he can tell me now when something hurts. He kept saying "ear hurt" tonight. :( The weather and the pollen are not making it any easier on him either.
Well, I noticed Hudson also sounded a little congested yesterday and it got worse today. He had mucus in his throat and it was making him gag. I've been using saline drops and a bulb syringe to try to help. This afternoon he threw up all over me, not once, but three times. Then I was undressing him and changing his diaper and he peed and pooped on me. This was of course after hours because that's just how it always happens. I talked to the doctor on call and she told me to keep doing what I was doing and make sure he stayed hydrated. I think his tummy was upset from all the mucus because once he got it all out he has been fine. I gave him a bath and then ran a hot shower and I sat in the bathroom with him in the steam to break up the mucus. Picture this...it was like 900 degrees in there so I ended up in my underwear and Hayden decided he wanted to join us and proceeded to sit on his frog potty. I laughed through the tears at this point. What else could I do? Maybe I sweat off a few pounds while I was in there though!
We've been washing our hands and using hand sanitizer like crazy around here because I didn't want Hayden to pass anything to Hudson, but I can only do so much when they live in the same house.
They both have doctor's appointments tomorrow. We are going to San Angelo this weekend for Hayden's birthday and I want to have them checked out before we go. Too bad I can't get a two for one price.
So, how is working from home you might ask? Well, its good, but I can't leave work at work and home at home because work is home and home is work if that makes any sense. It has definitely been an adjustment. It is hard for me to shut myself off sometimes especially on days like today when they don't feel well. However, I am grateful that I am able to be here with them. It just makes for long days because I not only work during the day, but I usually work at night while they are sleeping too. I haven't slept more than three hours at a time since Hudson was born and I can't remember the last time I actually had time to taste my food while I was eating it.
I feel like I'm on the verge of getting really overwhelmed, but I'm not going to let that happen! Instead I'm going to eat an entire tub of Dibs ice cream and watch my sweet babies sleep.
*Update* This never got posted last night because, well, life happened. Hudson threw up again, I had to go to Target to get some more saline and I've been busy sucking snot out of two little boys' noses. I slept about an hour and a half last night because I wanted to make sure Hudson could breathe.
We went to the doctor this morning and Hudson doesn't have RSV which is great news. Hayden had it last year and it was absolutely horrible. He doesn't have any signs of infection as of yet. I have to keep his nose cleaned out so it doesn't build up and cause an ear infection because at this young age, there is nothing they can give him. Hayden just has the usual crud and should be fine after his ear drops and nose spray. I really don't want him to be sick on his birthday again. :( Which by the way, did I mention that it is supposed to rain on Sunday when I have his OUTDOOR party planned?
I know that God doesn't give you more than you can handle, but sometimes I wish He didn't think I could handle so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Poor girl...Hope your babies start feeling better fast and that you get some rest soon! I get very overwhelmed VERY easily, so I can't even imagine!! I'll be praying for you and your boys!
ReplyDeletePS-What kind of work do you do?? I'm sure it is super hard to seperate work from home when you work from home! (Whew! That was a tongue twister!! ha!)
Hang in there momma..your stronger than you know!! =) God is on your side always!
ReplyDelete