Warning: Tissue required.
I have read Angie's blog for more than two years, but this book paints an even more intimate picture of her story. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has lost a child or is walking alongside someone who has. It is also good for any parent to read and appreciate the miraculous gift of life. I downloaded a free version on my ereader, but I will be buying a copy as well.
She shares how to deal with grief and the gripping questions of losing a child through the story of Lazarus. She also gives valuable perspective on how to react to someone grieving and her husband shares how men grieve differently than women. One of the most profound paragraphs in the book says this:
One of the common veins is the feeling that they had to "move on," "get over it," "appreciate what they have" and similar suggestions. I can tell you as a mother who has experienced losing a baby: it isn't going to happen. Grief is a winding, nasty road that has no predictable course, and the best thing you can do as a friend is to show up for the ride. You cannot rush grief. Read that again, and let it soak in as you either walk through it or alongside someone who is in the midst of it.
Since I found out I was pregnant with Hayden, I have tried not to let fear consume me, yet I have not walked into any doctor's visit or ulstrasound without praying for God, the giver of life, to make his presence known in that room. The good news is that we can find comfort in knowing that He is the same when we walk out of that room as He was when we walked in. Each day is a gift and I embrace the time I have been given to spend with my children and the ones I love.
Angie is a beautifully gifted writer and you will feel like you are sitting in the room with her as you read. I can't say enough about it. Read this book.
Fightin' the good fight.



going to buy it today!
ReplyDelete