We are blessed to be a part of an absolutely amazing church. I can't say enough about this place. It has changed our lives. I've gone to church for a very long time and I can't really explain what happens here. Every time you leave, you feel like you have just been punched in the gut in the best possible way. These people really, truly get what it means to love Jesus and love others.
Every time I'm at church I can't help but think about how I want to bring everyone I know and even those I don't there so they can be a part of such a loving, giving, God-glorifying place. I only hope that those around me can catch a glimpse of that through me. I have learned so much there and from the people in our misssional community that we share life with.
We started the Christmas series, "Hallelujah, What a Savior" today and it is so refreshing to hear a Christmas series that extends beyond Jesus being born in a manger one starry night to the virgin Mary. Yes, that is an epic event that should be celebrated, but it is easy to remember to seek Him when the lights are strung, the presents are wrapped and Christmas music is blaring on every radio station and in every shopping mall across the country. It is easy to get caught up in all of those things and forget the rest of His story.
What does the word "Hallelujah" mean? We have heard it, sung it and said it many times, but do we really know what it means? It means "praise be to God." It is only used one time in the New Testament in Revelations 19. Read it. Listen to the sermon podcast here.
That is what we should live this life for. So that one day we can shout Hallelujah!
With all of the shopping and activities leading up to Christmas the next few weeks, I'm going to keep asking myself one question, "Is the praise being given to God?" I hope to never lose sight of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment