Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What day is it?

*Update* Hayden's cystic fibrosis test was negative! 

Things have been so crazy lately that I don't really even know what is going on most of the time.

I took Hayden to be tested for cystic fibrosis today. The appointment was at 8 a.m. which means that we had to leave at 7 to get there in time during rush hour, only to wait for 45 minutes before they called us back (and we were the first appointment of the day) and then the machine was broken so we had to wait on a new one.

It was a sweat chloride test so no needles, but they had to clean his arms before putting on the electrodes and he FREAKED out because he thought they were going to draw blood. It broke this mommy's heart. That kid is seriously tired of being jacked with.

We should get the results on Thursday. I had convinced myself that there was no way he could have it, but now I'm not so sure. However, I don't want fear to get the best of me.

We recorded Hayden sleeping the other night and took that to the ENT on Friday. We are waiting to hear back from Dr. C on what the next steps are regarding his tonsils and chronic sinusitis. I took Hayden to the pulmonologist last week and Dr. F took one look in his mouth and asked me why he still had his tonsils. I HAVE NO IDEA. That is what I pay you people for. He didn't understand why Dr. C (who happens to be the pedi ENT he refers to and the best one in town) has not advised us to have them removed.

To say I am frustrated and confused is a major understatement. I feel like every time we go to the doctor we are told something different. I am absolutely physically and emotionally exhausted and I am tired of Hayden feeling like crap. In the past, his sickness has not really interfered with his daily activities for the most part. You wouldn't necessarily know he was sick. However, that is not the case anymore. He is miserable. His head hurts, his teeth hurt, his mouth hurts, his throat hurts, he's tired all the time and he gets irritated easily. His nose runs constantly and drives him crazy. He asked me for medicine the other night and he hates taking medicine. I hate that being sick is normal to him.

Dr. F also wants to test him for celiac disease. He would like to coordinate the bronchoscopy with the tonsillectomy, but we don't know when or if that is going to happen.

I don't want him to be sick for Christmas. He is sick for every birthday and holiday. He had RSV his first Christmas. I'm hoping this year he can catch a break.

I just want my sweet boy to feel better. I have and continue to try everything. I pray. I cry. And I listen to "Mighty to Save" on repeat.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this--Makes me sad for your sweet boy:( Hoping ya'll get some clear answers soon, and hoping Hayden has a happy, HEALTHY Christmas this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep you head up momma! I will keep praying for positive results and no more confusions! You and Garrett are doing an amazing job as parents and those two boys are blessed to have ya'll as their parents. "He can move the mountain, OUR GOD IS MIGHTY TO SAVE!" Keep that song going in your head because it's so true! He WILL move these mountains out of Hayden's way soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS