Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hudson's Birthday Spectacular - Part I

I have a lot of photos from Hudson's party so I thought I would just start with the theme and the details. We did a carnival theme and used caribbean blue and red as the main colors. After deciding I didn't want to pay for all of the ideas in my head, I relied on my trusty Mac, scissors, a paper cutter, glue, ribbon and a scallop punch. I don't particularly love crafty things, but my mom helped me assemble everything the night before the party and it turned out pretty cute!

I started with the invitation and let it lead the way for the rest of the party stuff.

Look at that sweet face!
This really is a fun theme and once I got started, I found so many fun things to go with it. We had a popcorn machine, a cotton candy machine, peanuts, bottled sodas, cupcakes, a blue and red candy bar and hot dogs. Everything you don't want your kids to eat was right at their fingertips! And to think that my kids don't hardly even drink juice. Ha! It was a cause for celebration!

 We originally planned on having the party at our house because anytime I've planned something outside the weather doesn't cooperate. However, the weather has been so pretty here and I wanted to take advantage of it if possible, so the morning of the party we drove down to the park and scouted it out and decided we would just have it there! I'm so glad we did because it is really pretty down there and it was a little breezy, but turned out to be perfect!

I found these nifty little hot dog wrappers at Hobby Lobby and they went perfectly with the theme!

Bags for the candy bar courtesy of Oriental Trading.

We also had a duck pond, bean bag toss and bowling for the kids to play during the party. 
If you're interested in having a carnival themed party let me know and I would love to share ideas with you!

More pics to come of the birthday boy and his special guests!


8 comments:

  1. Thanks! I think next year Chuckie Cheese sounds good! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous party!! Thanks for sharing with me. I'd love to feature on my blog :) SUPER FABULOUS JOB!!!! You're talented! ~Nancy~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm copying everything you did exactly in May:) I'm not even kidding. I may even hire you to do it for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this invitation - where did you find this??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it :) I think I still have it if you would like me to send it to you, but it is a photoshop file.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh Yes please!! I have photoshop so could totally work with the file. How much would you charge me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Linz if you might be interested in selling me a copy so I can edit it for my own invite please email me at cbgonzalez11@gmail. Thanks! Christine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS