Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

To My Sweet Hud

This day has really crept up on me. You would think spending every single day with you for the past year would make me more prepared for you to turn one, but in fact, I think it makes it harder.

After two weeks of impending labor and then a mad dash to the hospital for you to arrive less than three hours later, you have stolen my heart from the moment I first laid eyes on you that early morning.

Though working from home with two children has been very challenging to say the least, I wouldn't trade the moments I have been able to spend with you for the world. You are my little lovebug. The sleepless nights where you would eat every hour are but a distant memory and the days have been filled with much laughter and adventure. I was by your side for the first smile, the first time you rolled over, the first time you sat up, your first word, your first steps and so much more.

There are so many things I love about you. Your sweet spirit is contagious and your persistency is a symbol of your unwavering determination. You fill this house with tiny little footseps, silly giggles and abounding joy.

I pray that through our many imperfections you have seen the perfect love of Jesus. As seasons of your life come and go, I hope we can always be a place you call home. I pray that you will follow in your daddy's footsteps and become a man filled with humility and kindness. In a world of uncertainty, you can be certain that you are unconditionally loved. I pray for the woman you will marry someday and my prayer is that she will be running so fast toward Jesus you will have to sprint to keep up. By the world's standards, you may not always be "first" or "best" at everything, but we will always be proud of you.

I can't wait to see what great things God has planned for you, but for now I will treasure the small things, the simple moments and never take for granted that you are a precious gift.

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
as long as I'm living,
my baby you'll be.
- Robert Munsch

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS