I guess I should start from the beginning. I had a really bad case of heartburn at the beginning of September, but I'm still not sure that it could've been pregnancy related because it would have been super early. The only other time I've had heartburn was when I was pregnant with Hudson. It lasted for three days and was awful, but I moved on not thinking much more of it.
Fast forward to September 15, just another Thursday. I woke up and started to make some of my favorite coffee, cinnamon vanilla nut, and just the smell of it when I opened the bag made me gag. Strange, I thought, but I still made it, only to have to pour it out because I couldn't even drink it. I've always thought that sensitivity to smells and food cravings/aversions were a little overrated, but that has not been the case this time. I carried on through my normal day and Garrett left with the boys that afternoon to go to San Angelo for his ten year reunion. I stayed here to go to a women's retreat. As I was sitting on the couch reading a book, enjoying being alone for the first time in many months, I suddenly had "the feeling". The one that I've only had two other times and has never failed me. I tried to shake it off, but there was no denying it. I'm not sure how I just know these things.
Clear Blue Easy confirmed what I already knew and I calculated myself to be approximately three weeks prego.
We kept it a secret for the most part until after I went to the doctor at eight weeks. I went home several times in this time period and I began sleeping MUCH more than usual so I thought at least my mom would catch on, but everyone was just as surprised as we were!
Things sailed right along until about week six and then the great sickness attacked and has not stopped. :( I feel so much worse this time than I did with the boys. Maybe I'm just older and not handling it as well. Or maybe I just have two jobs and chase two rowdy boys. I'm not sure, but it has been pretty rough around here. I have to eat something every two hours or so before my stomach gets the least bit empty or it is not.good.at.all.
The reactions to a third baby are interesting. The first time everyone is just giddy. The second time they are excited. The third time you get responses like "again?!" and "are you crazy?!" There are also excited people mixed in there thankfully. Everyone asks if we were trying. It's funny how pregnancy makes it okay for people to ask you if you were purposefully having sex and not using birth control. Not really something that would come up at the dinner table under normal circumstances. The answer - No. Truth be told, we didn't "try" for any of our kids, but God's timing is perfect and we are proof that his plans are far greater than ours. Looking back, I wouldn't have it any other way because if we would have waited or planned for the perfect time, I think we would still be waiting. My surgery last year threw things off a little bit, but obviously there was still a plan.
I can't say I'm not nervous about having three, but we are excited and so very thankful!
9-10 weeks
Stats:
- At my 8 week appointment I had gained 5 lbs. Whatev. Who's counting?
- My boobs have returned to a normal, recognizable size. Too bad everything in this life is temporary.
What I'm looking forward to:
- See second bullet point above. I will enjoy it while it lasts.
- Hayden and Hudson bring immeasurable joy into this family and I honestly can't imagine what one more will bring.
- Good skin. After I had Hayden, my skin started freaking out and hasn't ever really returned to normal except when I was pregnant with Hudson. I'm hoping this pregnancy brings great skin with it too!
- I'm not desperately hoping for a girl much to people's dismay. Whoever thinks girls are cuter, more fun, more exciting, etc. and that I am missing out obviously has not met the two cutest, sweetest little boys around. ;) Again, people seem to have the feeling that they can say whatever they want to a pregnant woman. I will be thrilled either way. Between my brothers and I, we currently have five boys and one girl so it would be nice to add another girl into the mix, but the odds are against us! Boy or girl, I am already imagining their sweet little face and I can't wait to see him or her!
Cravings:
- I couldn't eat hardly anything but bread and crackers for a few weeks, and it's still hit or miss, but I definitely have my favorite things that keep me going.
- I have craved pumpkin things with all three pregnancies, perhaps because I've always been pregnant in the fall.
- Breakfast food - eggs, sausage, biscuits, etc.
- Cereal, particularly the french vanilla almond crunch granola cereal I discovered the other day.
Aversions:
- Scented trash bags are the death of me. Please do not put one within 100 yards from me or I will vomit.
- I have had some decaf coffee that hasn't bothered me, but still can't touch the cinnamon vanilla nut.
- Water tastes like metal so I've been putting sugar free crystal light in it just so I can drink enough of it.
I don't have a good belly pic and trust me when I say that the third time around is just not as cute, but I am most definitely already packing a pudge.
I hope to update often to be fair to this third child (ahem, since my mom didn't make it past the first page of my baby book), but it has proven to be difficult to keep up with everything while feeling like crap. I'm going to do my best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


so excited for you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are super mom and I have NO DOUBTS God has placed this 3rd little blessing into your lives for a HUGE purpose! How awesome =) Can't wait to meet baby boy/girl Jost! He or She will have some fun brothers to learn everything from!
ReplyDeleteIt truly is amazing that people feel it is ok to say really whatever they want to a pregnant woman! I had one sweet old lady ask me if I had just gained weight or was pregnant ( I was 8 months pregnant) I am so excited for you!
ReplyDelete