Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Left a Piece of My Heart in Lubbock, TX

We went to Lubbock for the A&M game at the beginning of October. Garrett and I hadn't had dinner by ourselves, much less a trip alone, in a very long time. I haven't been back in a little over two years and Garrett hadn't been back since we moved here. We have wanted to go so many times, but kids and the six hour drive have slowed us down. We had SO much fun seeing old friends and being there on gameday! I had lunch with my old co-workers that Friday and it made me miss them even more. I absolutely loved my job there and we had so much fun working together. They are surely missed!

I took my cousin's senior pictures on campus Friday afternoon and was quickly reminded of all of the excitement surrounding gameday. We went to eat at Ruby Tequila's that night, one of our old favorites, and then stopped to see our friends Brian and Jill. We stayed with our old neighbors in their beautiful new house and it was great to spend time with them! I knew I was pregnant, but we weren't really telling people yet so I had to hide the fact that I felt like total crap the whole time we were there. I still managed to have a good time because I was surrounded by people and things that I love, but I was feeling pretty awful.

We tailgated a little before the game on Saturday and got to hang out with more friends. We had great seats on the 50 yard line and it was a fun game even though we lost. It is tough love being a Red Raider fan sometimes, like when we beat OU one week and then suffer a ridiculous loss to Iowa State the next, but I still love them! It keeps it exciting I guess.

I didn't take a whole lot of pictures because I was really more focused on not throwing up, but here's a few from our weekend! I have some others on my phone that I'll have to add later.

Man, I love this place. Dirt, wind, duststorms and all.



 Beautiful sunset during the game.

 Matt and Lindsay, me and Blayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS