To my sweet Hud,
You are three years old today even though you tell everyone you are five. Sometimes we forget that you are only three because you became a big brother and had to grow up way too fast. You got stuck in the middle of our chaos and had to share everything you had ever known with your little sister.
You are fiercely independent probably in part because you wanted to claim your territory when it seemed like it was being taken away. You are strong-willed and as stubborn as they come yet beautifully sweet. You present new parenting challenges everyday and test my patience to the fullest and while I often fail miserably, you are incredibly gracious. My prayer is that your independence and staunch determination will encourage you to never be afraid of what life throws in your path.
You look up to Hayden and want to do exactly what he does, but you still have your own special traits. You love bugs. All kinds of bugs. You are a lefty and act just like your Uncle Cody who also happens to be left handed. You like asparagus and consume more food than any three year old I've ever seen. You find something you like and you stick to it. You are defiant and empathetic. Like fire and ice.
While you make our house a lot more noisy, you also bring much laughter and happiness. You sometimes sneak into our room very early in the morning and inch yourself as close as you possibly can to me and whisper "I love you mommy." And I continue to try to sleep through your wiggliness and kicking because I know it won't last forever.
Where I fall short, I pray that I can always point you to Jesus because he is a much better parent than I will ever be. And as much as I love you, his love for you is far exceeding.
Happy Birthday my little man. I am so very proud of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment