My sweet Hayden,
How are you FIVE? I know it sounds cliche, but really. I keep going back to the moment that I very first laid eyes on you. My life was forever changed and a love began to grow that I can't even explain.
You are one of the wittiest people I know and keep me laughing all the time. Your quick wit and determination also get you in trouble sometimes, but I'm still impressed with the things and excuses you come up with.
You love life and the people around you to the fullest. You are always anxiously waiting for something new to experience. You have abundant energy all the time. I wish everyone could see the world like you do, full of anticipation and excitement. You have an inquisitive mind and ask me questions that I'm not even sure how to answer sometimes. When I have exhausted all of my knowledge and Google, many of our conversations end with me telling you that "I just don't know". Your navigation skills are insanely keen and I don't know how you remember such fine details about locations, but you are my little backseat driver reminding me where I need to go. You are incredibly smart and I hope your eagerness to learn continues when you start school.
I also hope you know just how much your little brother adores you. He follows your every move and even though you both fight constantly there is an irreplaceable bond there. Your little sister thinks you are hilarious and loves you to pieces. Always remember that they are looking up to you.
While the last three years working from home have hands down been some of the hardest years of my life, as I think about you going to kindergarten next year, I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to spend so much time with you. These are years that I can never get back, but to know that we shared so many special moments together and I didn't have to miss a thing makes it easier. Even though I did not always parent with patience, kindness and grace, you have always shown me those things in return and it is truly humbling. I've always said you have a heart of gold and such a gentle, sweet spirit. Through all of the things I have tried to teach you and failed, you have taught me so much more in your five short years. You draw me closer to Jesus, encourage me to be a better person and drive my motivation to always try harder.
You asked me if I will miss you next year while you're at kindergarten and I absolutely will. And I will come eat lunch with you for as long as you will let me.
I want to be sad that you are growing up, but I also love nothing more than watching the many things God has in store for you unfold. What a blessing you are.
Love -
Mom
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment