This time of year is always bittersweet for me. My babies all have birthdays in March, April and May. It is a wonderful time to celebrate their lives, but also a reminder that they are a year older and growing up faster than I can keep up with.
Motherhood is hard and sometimes messy, yet beautifully fulfilling. Some of us found our way here easily. Others suffered through this holiday tirelessly hoping they would one day join the club. Many are still waiting. There are mothers who have lost their children far too soon. And there are children, young and old, who are stung with the absence of their mothers on this day.
Wherever we find ourselves today, may we meet it head on with eucharisto. Grace. Thanksgiving. Joy. And may I never take for granted the challenge and calling set before me to mother these three precious children.
Mercedes Ann Jost, we are missing you today. How I wish they could have met you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sleep Tight from Lindsey Jost on Vimeo.
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment