Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hayden's First Day of Kindergarten

Now that we are three weeks in and have developed a new routine, I can look back on these pics and smile, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't a really hard day for me.

It was hard not because I worried about him being away from me ALL day every day, although that has definitely been an adjustment, but because I feel like it was his first step into a very crazy world. A world that I have zero control of outside of my home and even then I am not the one in control. It was just another reminder that he is a gift to me, yet ultimately a child of God and it is my job to "train him up in the way he should go." (Prov. 22:6)

Even though he has gone to other preschools and a private Christian based pre-K, I know he will now be exposed to things that I can no longer shelter him from. Kids will be mean and perhaps he will be mean to others in return. Words will be spoken. Habits will be formed. And I found myself asking the question, have I done enough to prepare him for this? Have I loved enough, taught him to be kind and make good choices, made the most of my time with him? I get that some might think, oh geez, it's just kindergarten. Everyone goes. Stop being dramatic. I just feared that I had not equipped his heart with the tools to endure all that he will face in his life and I found myself praying that God would pick up where I left off and I know that he will. I also know that God has a purpose for everything he does even if we don't always understand it. So come what may in all my years of parenting my three children, everything works for the good of those who love Him. Always. And that is where I find my peace.

He loves school so far and I love picking him up every day (minus the dreadful carpool line) and hearing about his day!

 The night before school started we gave him a card and this book and I may or may not have cried through the entire thing as I read it to him.


 Celebrating with cupcakes!


First day of Kindergarten - August 26, 2013




 Oh my heart. I love this kid with the dimples and a heart of gold.








 And then I walked away. I got most of the tears out the night before so I didn't embarrass him on his first day of school. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS