You just thought I was done posting. I have been slackin' on the baby book, but this blog is way better so that is how I am keeping up with The Story of Us. :) So, I carry on in my journaling of our everyday lives and if even if nobody else reads it, I will want to read it someday when I'm old and remember these precious moments because I'm gonna miss this.
What has Hayden been up to at nine months old...or should I say what hasn't he been up to?
He is crawling like a madman, pulling up and walking along whatever he has pulled up on. He gets brave and lets go every now and then, but sits or falls. His motor skills are much more coordinated and it is so fun to watch him. He wants to play with anything but his toys really. Boxes, remotes, phones, papers, magazines, outlets, the toilet...oh and the door stopper. He flicks it over and over while it makes a "boing" noise. I am constantly chasing him around making sure he doesn't eat something he shouldn't or stick his finger in the outlet.
He gets very focused when he is intent on getting something or doing something and makes this funny expression with his mouth and his eyebrows. He also mimics our expressions.
He does not like socks or shoes and they are usually off in about five minutes.
He is starting to throw some attitude around when he doesn't get his way...acts like his Uncle Cody. Hopefully, its just a phase.
Since we leave the house so early, he rises early...all the time, even on weekends. So much for sleeping in. He has been getting up at 5:30.
He just has his two bottom teeth right now. I don't think he is enjoying the teething process at all and that is part of the attitude. However, he slept okay for the most part when his first two came in except for a couple of nights.
Not sure how much he weighs or how tall he is. I'll have to update after his well check on Tuesday. He has mostly been wearing size 18 months since November and I just bought size 4 diapers today. He's not a little guy.
He has the pincer grasp and the hand to hand transfer down. He would eat an entire thing of whole wheat puffs if I would let him. He loves those things. He drinks from a straw. I tried every sippy cup made and the little cups with the straw is about the only thing he will really drink out of so that's what we use. He's still not a huge fan though. If you know any tricks, please share. He eats fruits, veggies, stage 2 foods, cheerios, puffs and some table food. He has learned to chew/gum things...not that we give him anything he really has to chew yet, but for example he chews his puffs now rather than just letting them dissolve. He drinks 24 - 30 oz. of formula a day. What all do you feed a nine month old? Suggestions welcome. I want him to eat healthy, but I'm not much of a cook so I need some ideas.
He is starting to get more vocal and make more pronounced sounds. When he is whining or crying, it sounds like he is saying "Mama". I'm sure he doesn't know that he is saying it, or perhaps he does, but I am encouraging him to learn that it means something when he does say it! :)
There are pictures coming very soon!


I dont think you have to be worried that no one else reads this because I read it and Im sure plenty of other read it regularly to. Im glad you guys are doing good, and good luck with the house hunting! Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteLove Dashia