To say our life has been hectic the last six weeks would be an understatement, but we are happy to be here. We survived RSV and the holidays and are doing our best to make the most of this crazy time. Scott has graciously allowed us to stay at his house while we are trying to buy a house. We've been living out of a suitcase pretty much for the last six weeks with only the necessary things. I can't remember the last time I watched something on TV or had time to read anything. Honestly, I haven't really missed the TV. Hayden is much better entertainment! People ask us if we like it here. It is hard to answer that because we really haven't had time to do anything but drive to work and back. Things will settle down and then hopefully we can enjoy it a little more.
Oh, how I miss my seven minute drive to work. From where we are staying right now, it takes me at least an hour by the time I drop off Hayden and it takes Garrett longer than that. However, we are hopefully going to be in a new house soon that will be closer. I don't want to jinx it so that's all I'm going to say about that right now...more to come later.
I feel like we spend half of our day in the car. I get up at 5:30 a.m., get myself and Hayden ready and we leave the house by 6:30. I am adjusting to the early mornings, but it will wear you out after a while. When I pick him up, there is feeding, bathing, loving, playing and laundry to be done and getting ready to do it all over again the next day. When it's all done, I don't think my head even touches the pillow before I fall asleep. Weekends are sacred around here because I can rest and spend time with Hayden without feeling like everything has to be rushed. That is, of course, when we aren't out of town and that isn't very often. My stress level and overall attitude need a little work these days. I definitely feel as though I am being tested. I just hope I pass! A little sleep this weekend will hopefully be my cure.
Hayden is adjusting well. He has had so many transitions and was sick, but he has handled it beautifully. He is sleeping in his pack n' play right now because his crib is in storage. He doesn't seem to mind at all, but he is getting too big for that thing and I'm sure he can't wait to sleep in his big bed! He stands up in the pack n' play and his head is over the top. It is too cute to see him peeking over at you. What routine we did have has been scrambled just a bit. I'm trying to get things back to normal...whatever that may be. More to come about Hayden in a later post...I'm sure you can't wait. :)
We are so ready to be in a house that is ours where we can make a home. As for me, I never would have survived the last six weeks without the help of loving friends and my family who have bent over backwards to help us make our transition to a new town and new jobs. You know who you are and I thank you dearly!


No comments:
Post a Comment