Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

For this, I thank you

To my mother,
I have not taken near enough time to thank you for all that you have done for me and for my family. 
You've taught me about life and how to take the good with the bad. You've taught me how to love unconditionally and most of all you've taught me about forgiveness. You bring others into your heart regardless of where they've been, meet them where they are and treat them as if they were your very own. I have watched your heart break for your children and each time you handle it with grace. You love with a love so deep that I never fully understood until I had children of my own. You always put others before yourself and share your kindness with everyone you meet. You laugh with us, you cry with us, you hurt with us and you walk right alongside us through times of joy and times of sadness.
For this, I thank you.
Thank you for letting us destroy your home every time we come visit. Thank you for loving my children and showing them the kind of love that only grandparents can. I am grateful that they will grow up and make wonderful memories that I so fondly have with my grandparents. Thank you for staying with me before and after Hudson was born. That is the longest time we have spent together since I left more than eight years ago and I will cherish that month. Thank you for cleaning my house, doing my laundry, putting up with my pregnant moodiness and taking care of us during that time. I am truly grateful. But more than anything, I am glad that I was able to spend that time with you and share a very special time in our lives with you. Thank you for sharing your advice with me while allowing me to learn on my own.
Thank you for being you.
Happy Mother's Day!
We love you!


Hayden and Hudson, you are two of my greatest blessings and my greatest gift is being chosen to be your  mother. You fill our home with immeasurable love and joy.
P.S. Thank you for letting Mommy take a nap on Mother's Day. :) It was the best gift ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS