Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Choosing to SEE
I just finished Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman and it was excellent! If you didn't already know, Mary Beth is the wife of Steven Curtis Chapman. This book details their life together including her struggle with depression and the loss of their five year old adopted daughter, Maria, when their son accidentally ran over her in their driveway.
It is one of the most genuine, sincere books I have ever read and I was not expecting that. I'm not sure why that is. I guess with her husband being a very popular mainstream Christian artist, I just thought it would be like many of the other mainstream Christian books I've read. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I do not always close those books feeling like my life has been changed for having read them. However, this book was different and as she poured her soul out onto every page, I found compassion. Compassion for a mother grieving the loss of her daughter, compassion for orphans, compassion for a 17 year old boy that was left heartbroken and full of guilt after a tragic accident and compassion for those who don't know the One who gives...and takes away.
You should definitely add this to your reading list!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



wow, sounds really good!
ReplyDelete